• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Tonic, Sep 04, 2005, 01:16:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonic

Hi there

I am very new to the world of astronomy and had only looked at the stars with the naked eye, but have just returned from the Isle of Wight and having spent an evening at the islands planetarium was hooked so purchased a etx105 with a meade deep sky imager pro (am now informed I have a very steep learning cruve to go through). I live in belvedere and looking for a society / club to join who would help me to learn and progress in this new found hobby. Am I in the right place?

Ian

yup! Exactly the right place. If you've got this far you'll have seen the main website where you'll find details of our events and meetings. Will be able to come and meet us in person?

Mike

Yes you are welcome to come along to a few observing evenings and meetings before making up your mind to join. We are a friendly bunch and the gallery at the OAS site will show you how good the imagers amongst us are so there will be plenty of people to help you. Using a long exposure camera with the ETX105 will be quite a challange.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Anonymous

Will be there tomorrow at the Change of Horses (is it still on) and is it ok just to turn up- if so are you easily recognisable.  :wink: - I will be carrying a copy of the sun and wearing a >>>!  :o

Tonic

opps should have signed in first beforte posting  :oops:

Anonymous

It's on Tuesday not tomorrow - 6th :)

Tony G

Tonic,
I like you are new to this, but I would highly recommend going to a couple of meetings and observing nights because there is so much information to take in & everyone are so helpful.

P.S. the library is very useful.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Tonic,

Not sure if you were there or not (were you the scotsman?)

Anyway, another successful obs. night !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Anonymous

Sorry thought it was monday and had something else on last night,  :oops:  will put the next metings in the diary. see you all soon.