• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M31 Centeral section

Started by Whitters, Oct 13, 2002, 22:44:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

Thirteen 60 sec stacked, dark frame subtracted. No flat field (Spot the dust donuts)

Mike

Great pic, what camera did you use Paul ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

It was with the Starlight express at the prime focus of the C8.

Sue

Well done Paul - a beautiful image :smile:

Ian

nice pic. I like the dust lanes (as opposed to dust doughnuts).

What field of view is it?

Mike

This pic needs to go on the gallery ! We haven't had any new pics since 3rd July !!! The weather has had a major influence on that though ! :sad:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

The gallery is probably going to have to lose a few of the older pictures to make room for newer ones (when Greg gets round to sorting them), 'cos my webspace is bleep-near full... :wink:

...but it is time it got some new ones, so get out there and take some!

Ok, the weather isn't co-operating at the moment, so I'll let you off tonight... ;>

Whitters

Ian,
X axis = 0 Deg, 14 Min, 57.2 Sec
Y axis = 0 Deg, 11 Min, 10.2 Sec

Mike

No way, we can't lose any pics they are far too good. I am more than willing to donate some of my webspace, I have 55Mb and won't be using any where near that much.

Rick

Well, those of you with your own webspace could put up your own galleries of your own picccies, and tell me where they are so that I can add a link from our site to various members' sites.

Please. :wink:

Perhaps we could ask Greg for a webpage template to make it easy?

Mike

Yup, could do that. With maybe just thumbnails on the OAS site leading to the main pics on the members sites. I agree that Greg should crate a template so they all look the same.

Whitters

Do we have enough images of different types of objects to consider catigorizing (Help where is the spellchecker when you need it) the images in a Gallary archive?
PS I would have room on my site to hose some images.

Mike

I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to donate webspace. NTL have just upgraded mine from 10Mb to 55Mb and I certainly wont use all of that !!

Whitters

Just out of interest, played arround with the astrometry tool, this image is recording stars in excess of mag 18!

Mike

Rick

Lets move the website discussion to "Updates and Upsets" (http://212.104.156.50/phpBB/viewforum.php?forum=4&59)