• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M16 From Headcorn

Started by Whitters, Aug 09, 2005, 23:11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

M16 aka The Eagle or Ghost nebula.
Canon 800mm f5.6 telephoto lens, Starlight MX916 camera
Astronomik Ha filter
60 minutes integration

Whitters

Different processing sequence.

Stack in API4WIN
Remove star bloat ion Astroart
DDP in Astroart R=1.0, SB=16.0, Toe=17.0, Sholder = 123.0
Photoshop Levels, Curves ad brightness +25

Rocket Pooch

Hi Paul,

I noticed on this image and a couple of other that they have a false crumpling look, whats causing it, its like looking at a picture through scrumpled up cling film?  Strange, all the details is there and the eagle is excellent, but the crumpling is off putting :-( and change of putting M16 up without that effect.

Chris

Oscar the Cat

Hi Chris,
Is the crumpling large scale or small scale? I have been experimenting with the minimal filter in photoshop on the first image, and I have decided that I don't like it and wont use it again, it gives the impression of lots of amall scale bubbles on the image. I had a bash on the second image with the star bloat removel filter within Astroart and it seems to give better results, but I will have another go, this time without either.

JohnP

um....I was wondering who 'Oscar the cat' is...... Now I know!

Rocket Pooch

hi,

the second image looks much better but its still there its big as well, not positive what's causing it, can you post a stack with darks, flats and bias removal and no processing so we can see if its actually in the image.

meow

Whitters

RAW

AutoLevel

Level and curves Showing extent of nebulosity

Mike

Well the raws look OK so must have something to do with those filters you are using in PS. Might be an idea to try again without using that particular filter cos the raws look good.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan