• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

So how was last Monday's observing?

Started by Rick, Oct 03, 2002, 02:34:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Go on... Tell us what it was like... :wink:

Sue

We had great fun negotiating the paddlocked gate and picking our way through the post boot sale rubbish cascading fron the bins!!!Were you forewarned?

We had a good look round the sky (lots of reasonable clear patches) with binos and Jeff's scope, no satallites or planets seen  :smile:

Mike

That's twice now, I think we definately need to procure a copy of the gate padlock key if possible !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

When I was observing officer I used to send Richard George (who owns the field) a list of the dates, with my phone number on the bottom, and he'd contact me if there was a problem.

Richard would warn me about boot sale conflicts, but, so long as I didn't choose weekends it wasn't usually a problem. I guess I also used to avoid Fridays and Mondays simply because they were bad nights for getting out, so maybe I just avoided boot-sale fall-out by accident...

Recently I've been sending him a printout of the website observing evening page from time to time, but the last copy I sent might not have had all the recent dates on it, or the dates might have been changed at fairly short notice.

Rick

QuoteThat's twice now, I think we definately need to procure a copy of the gate padlock key if possible !!
Or something...

Jeff, it might be an idea to talk to Richard George sometime...