• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Greenwich Observatory Tour

Started by Ian, Oct 07, 2002, 23:49:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

I'm not sure if Gilbert is connected or not, but if you are, thank you for a very interesting time at the observatory. I'm only sorry I could't stay for the tour around Flamsteed House.

Of course, if you are reading this Gilbert, register!

Mike

Hear hear. Thnks Gilbert for a very informative day. The planetarium was great !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Greg

I hope I am not speaking out of turn here, but considering Gilbert was literally on his death bed back in the early part of this year he was quite "magic". Although I know we are lucky living on the ORGO's doorstep - I feel that we were more than just given a guided tour. Gilbert's knowledge and personal experiences gave the whole day something special.

And while at the end, I expressed my personal thanks to Gilbert, as chairman I would like to extend, I am sure, the thanks and gratitude of everyone that attended (29 people!!!).

Just as an asside, to save on parking spaces and difficulties, Jo, his wife and a friend all travelled to and from the observatory. On the way back the talk was of nothing else except how great a day it had been!!!

Once again, thank you Gilbert.

Mike

Hear hear.

Just for your information for any future visits to Greenwich - If you get to the park early (around 0930) you can park for free in the short section of road by the roundabout near the main gates. We got there at 0930 (mainly as I overestimated the amount of traffic and the road closure problems) and parked for nothing all day at the top, and it's legal too.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan