• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First Light New Scope - M57

Started by JohnP, Jun 12, 2005, 03:01:00

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my first image with new scope - It's a 6inch Newt on a LXD75 mount. I have the scope/ mount about 6-weeks & it's been problem after problem - It's still not fully functional but I'm getting there.... I must admit once I find an object the tracking is great. Attached image is M57 (again) using a Toucam pro colour webcam. Image is sum of 50 X 6 sec exposures with minimal post processing. The encouraging thing for me was that the image barely moved over the 300secs of capture...

Anyhow, I'm reasonably pleased - it's my first image in months....

Cheers,  John

Whitters

Mike

John,

Great pic - Is it a modified Toucam?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Hi Mike, Yes it's the basic Long exposure mod SC1 for the TouCam. It's great for one shot colour imaging but is nowhere near as sensitive as Chris's SAC-8. Not bad for a camera that cost me £35 quid + about £1 to modify. I've also got a 1004 webcam that I modified (took me about 6-months) but it works.... It's got the same sensitive as the SAC-8 but is B&W only. I'm really looking forward to trying it. I'll hopefully post first light for that soon.

Cheers,  John