• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Are people keen to do another PixInsight session?

Started by Roberto, Feb 24, 2023, 16:01:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

For those who participated in the previous one and anyone who wants to join?  Maybe now that the Moon is getting brighter we organise another session next week or the week after?

Roberto

Roy

Hi Roberto,
Another PixInsight session would be really good. Can I suggest some possible areas for discussion just based on my personal experience:
- Strategies for processing integrated data;
- Ways of combining RGB data with Luminance;
- Stretching data and the use of the Screen Transfer Function, Histogram Transformation and Curves;
- Linear versus non-linear data.
Also to let you know I have installed both BlurXterminator and NoiseXterminator and I think they are awesome.
Roy

JohnDeathridge

Just about to jump into PixInsight so would really appreciate the guide. I'm away next week but if there is a later date then I am definitely interested.

Dave A

Hi Roberto,

Yes I am interested if you do another session

Cheers

Dave

Roberto

Ok, great and thank you Roy for providing an agenda.  I could do tomorrow morning, Sunday morning or the week after next if we want to include John.   Let me know what works best.  Feel free to ping me via WhatsApp if easier.

Roberto

JohnH

Sir Isaac Newton should have said, "If I have seen further than others it is by inventing my own telescope".

Roy

I'm afraid I can't make this weekend, so my preference would be the week after next - Tuesday 7, Wednesday 8, Friday 10 or the weekend. Also that way everyone is included.

Roy

Roberto

Carole

QuoteOk let's set a date next week.

Didn;t John say the following?
QuoteI'm away next week but if there is a later date then I am definitely interested.

Roberto

Should we aim for Tuesday 7th?  8PM on Zoom?  We cannot use the Society's Zoom account but I can send an invitation and if we run out of time we can do another session right after?

Roberto

Dave A

Hi Roberto

Tuesday 7th at 8.00am works for me

Carole

Exclude me Roberto, no plans to ise Pixinsight.   

Carole

JohnDeathridge

Hi there flying back Monday evening so 7th would be great many thanks again Roberto for organising

Roberto

I have sent Zoom invitations to two sessions tomorrow starting 8PM and 8:30PM to the four members above who have expressed an interest.  If you think you said you wanted to join and didn't get the invitation, please state your case here!  See you tomorrow.

Roberto

Roy

Hi Roberto,

Sorry but I've been away for a few days without access to my computer and my Forum logon; so if it's not too late, please can I be included.

Cheers

Roy

Roberto

Roy
You were included in the email invitation yesterday. Check your spam folder and let me know if you have not received it.
Roberto