• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC2169 LRGB from Bromley (Revised processing)

Started by Carole, Jan 05, 2022, 16:51:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

One glorious long night.  Not sure if the pandemic is having an effect on the number of London lights, but I normally can never do LRGB from home, and the SQ seemed a bit darker than normal.

Dual rig:
WOZS71 and Atik428EX - Luminance only 31 x 600secs (5h 10m)
Skywatcher ED80 and Atik460EX Hutech Idas filter instead of Lum 19 x 600 (3h 10m) + RGB 13 x 300secs binned each totalling 3h 15m

Total imaging time 11 hours 35mins

Original process

I wasn't happy with my processing on this, and today I got a chance to process it on my laptop which is always more successful.  (Can't get much access to my desktop as my son has moved back home (long story) and that is his bedroom, but he is out today). 

Hope you like the revision of the same data.  I have left the original in place for comparison:

ApophisAstros

Amazing, FOV is something else.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Thanks Roger.

Really need to hone my LRGB processing skills, trouble is I don't get enough practice from where I live.  Therre is some dark Nebula in there I would have liked to have got better defined, but I guess it's a lot to expect from Bortle 8. 

Carole

MarkS

I like that a lot.  Well captured from Bromley and nicely processed.

Mark

Carole

Roberto

Excellent Carole!  I am working on a 2x2 mosaic of this area.  Transparency has certainly been better than average over the last few clear nights.

Roberto

Rick

You managed that eleven and a half hours of imaginf in one night? Wow! An advantage of winter nights, I guess, but from looking at my meteor camera's captured images I don't think we've had that clear a night over this side of the country in quite a while...

Carole

I was using a dual rig Rick. 2 scope sand 2 cameras working simultaneously.

Carole

Carole

Thanks Roberto. 

Been waiting for a dark location to do this one.  But since a couple of years have gone by with no opportunity I thought I'd give it a go.  With it being a bit higher than Orion, I might get away with doing some more data in the spring at a darker location as I've love to get those dark nebulae a bit better, and also shift it over to the left a bit to get more of those dark structures. 

Carole

Carole

Amended process posted into first post.
Carole

RobertM

Carole