• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M31 11 Hours

Started by The Thing, Nov 01, 2021, 14:39:31

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Exposure 240s, Gain 120 Offset 4, Temp-5C. 75 x lEnh, 90 x UV/IR processed as a single session in Weighted Batch Preprocessing v2 in PixInsight. I've clipped the background :( as I was concentrating on all the star forming and nebulous regions as well as the dust.

Image date, time and location:   2021-10-27, Manche, France
Telescope aperture and focal ratio:   Teleskop Service TS1506UNC f4, Komakorr
Camera and filters used:   ZWO ASI296MC Pro, Optolong lEnhance tri-band filter and UV/IR
Processing applied:   PixInsight

ApophisAstros

Good one Duncan,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Roberto

Very nice Duncan.   M31 is not as easy a target as its brightness would imply.

Roberto

RobertM

Nice one Duncan, colours are looking great 😎

The Thing

Mac

thats pretty impressive,

Nice work.

Mac.

Carole

Some nice detail, but shame about clipping the background.  I'd be inclined to re-process it without a clipped background. 

Carole

The Thing

Thanks Mark.
Carole. I intend to redo it, probably as two separate stacks and then align and combine if I can work out how to do that in PI. Meanwhile I'm playing with CED 214 and SH-129 in PI. And my new 3d printer/laser engraver which is another whole load of software skills to learn. And prune the orchard and everything else, dig the ditch, walk the dogs, clear the gutters, mow the lawn, make illicit hooch (alembic is out and ready), translate heating maintenance contracts (boiler problem), get the car fixed etc. etc. Who needs early retirement!

Quote from: Carole on Nov 02, 2021, 09:27:44
Some nice detail, but shame about clipping the background.  I'd be inclined to re-process it without a clipped background. 

Carole

Carole

QuoteMeanwhile I'm playing with CED 214 and SH-129 in PI. And my new 3d printer/laser engraver which is another whole load of software skills to learn. And prune the orchard and everything else, dig the ditch, walk the dogs, clear the gutters, mow the lawn, make illicit hooch (alembic is out and ready), translate heating maintenance contracts (boiler problem), get the car fixed etc. etc. Who needs early retirement!
Makes you wonder how you had time to go to work doesn't it?

Carole

MarkS

11 hours!

That's a good result - there's lots of faint detail there.

Mark

The Thing

Thanks Mark. I must do the reprocess as I'm sure there is a lot more in the data, but I've been busy with 3d printing, hooch distilling and barrel restoration (for the hooch).