• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Re Wednesdays Zoom Meeting.

Started by ApophisAstros, Oct 28, 2021, 18:41:30

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Unfortunately i couldnt attend or watch on zoom , is there a recording of it i could watch?
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

AndrewRamsay

Regrettably no, Roger.  (But I am sure Colin would be pleased to sell you his book!)

ApophisAstros

May i make a suggestion to record future zoom meetings?
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Hugh

Hi Roger

Just a little bit more info.

Andrew is right that we did not record this last Talk.  I have for some previous talks but it is on the strict proviso that this recording is only used so that we can report on the talk in due course and with the explicit agreement of the presenter.  It is not for retaining and is deleted.

There are real problems over copyright to record for anything else and one society has already got into a legal wrangle over doing just that.

It is also generally just audio.

Zoom has its advantages but is pretty much a 'one-off' opportunity and not a cover all.

Best

Hugh

ApophisAstros

Is the observing officers report posted on here ?
Roger

Rick

It usually gets posted to the main website and in "Behind the scenes". I can see the link for the one for October (with notes for November) on the main website. Just scroll down a bit.

ApophisAstros

sorry just cant find it can you post a link straight to it?
Rog..

Rick

The latest Sky Notes (aka Oberving Officers Reports) are here on the front page:

...and here in the menu: