• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Various OU4 images

Started by RobertM, Sep 20, 2021, 20:41:51

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Well this probably wasn't the best target for the lighter months but I fancied trying it anyway.  Have been so busy that there hasn't been much time for processing lately - this is very rough quick and dirty stab at seeing what the OIII would look like from an OSC.

I've got the Ha to do and the RGB to add but in case I don't get those out till next year then it's a start at least.  Hopefully it will look better when everything is done properly and put together.  This one will be processed better when I get the time.

Equipment: RH200/ASI2600MC/NBZ and about 50hrs of 10 min subs for the NB (late May/June/July/early August).

Robert

ApophisAstros

When i did it i needed lots of oiii as the squid is mosly that.

Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Roberto

Well done Robert! 👍  This is an extremely faint object to do from suburban skies.  When I captured it in 2017, I spent 15hrs on it and it barely showed in 30 min exposures.

Roberto

Carole

I am amazed you managed to get such a lot of detail from suburban skies with a OSC camera.

But then I saw "50hrs of 10 min subs for the NB"  - OMG.  But never-the-less well done, that gives me some encouragement to keep adding to what i have. 

As every-one has said it is extremely faint.  I have tried to get it several times at Cairds, and last uear i did it from home with my Samyang lens.

This is the best I have got yet partly from home and partly from Cairds, with a total of just over 4 hours Oiii, so I have a long way to go yet.

garrick

Great images. I just managed to draw a blank with OU4 last year.  :D

The Thing

Oooh, that's a challenge. Calamari. I have just read up on it, very hard to capture especially with Tesco's expansive lighting up the road, well done.

RobertM

Note: thread name changed to make it more relevant to the contents.

Robert

Carole

Sorry Robert we seem to have hijacked your image, but was only to demonstrate how we had all struggled with it too and how well you have done.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Ditto , sorry i seem to have started something.
Rog..
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

garrick

I should really put up my image of 8 hours of data that I collected on this object last year. It's the best blank/empty field you will see. Absolutely no sign of the squid in it. :)

Clear Skies

Carole

QuoteI should really put up my image of 8 hours of data that I collected on this object last year. It's the best blank/empty field you will see. Absolutely no sign of the squid in it. :)

:lol: :lol:

MarkS

A very interesting experiment - well done, that's come out remarkably well.

But 50 hours!!  That's quite some dedication!

Mark