Author Topic: Dust in Taurus - LBN 819 region including NGC1555 and Sh2-239 - Mosaic  (Read 96 times)

Roberto

• O. A. S.
  • Star Class
    • Astrobin
With never ending clouds it took me over two months to finish this one.  2x2 mosaic taken with the tandem setup:  smaller refractor taking OSC data and larger one L only.

This is a beautiful region, rich in dusty clouds just above the Hyades.  To the right of the image is NGC1555, Hind's variable nebula.

Details here:  https://www.astrobin.com/rvw679/D/?nc=user

Roberto

MarkS

• O. A. S.
  • Galaxy Cluster
That's a great result but it looks a bit dark on my screen.

I've tried to image the Hyades on a couple of occasions but there has always been a thin layer of cloud leading to that "headlamps in the fog" look.

Mark

Roberto

• O. A. S.
  • Star Class
    • Astrobin
Mark

Thank you.  I may have clipped the background a little trying to increase contrast; I'll check what can be done.
Yes, I had quite a few frames dropped because of the fog-like effect you mention!

Roberto

Carole

• O. A. S.
  • Galaxy Cluster
    • Carole's images
I can hardly see any detail at all as posted as it is dark, but on importing it into photoshop and stretching I can see a lot more nice detail.

Carole

Roberto

• O. A. S.
  • Star Class
    • Astrobin
Carole

Thanks for the feedback.  Strange that it is so dark for both you and Mark.  I have changed nothing in my screen settings before processing this one.
I did dial back the background clipping a bit and created a new version here - below.  Maybe that one is better?

Roberto

Carole

• O. A. S.
  • Galaxy Cluster
    • Carole's images
That's a bit better Roberto.
Nice image.

Carole