• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cederblad 214 project - 2x2 mosaic in SHO and HaRGB

Started by Roberto, Nov 09, 2020, 13:54:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

It took me a month to finish this one but here are the final versions of a 2x2 mosaic of Cederblad 214, NGC7822 in Cepheus.

Information here:  https://www.astrobin.com/jbcoe6/G/ and here https://www.astrobin.com/l0lzxn/E/.

Something like 54hrs of total integration.... :unwell:

HaRGB version with colour data from the 92mm f/5 refractor and Ha from the 152mm f/8 refractor:

And SHO version with data only from the larger refractor (but smaller field of view):

Roberto

Carole

What a lot of work Roberto.  I love the SHO version.

Carole

Roberto

Thank you Carole!  This area has some great detail in narrowband although I much prefer the colours of the starfield of RGB.

Roberto

Carole

A lot of imagers add the RGB stars onto the narrowband image, I do that myself these days, though it took me a while to work out the best way to blend them in.

Carole

Roberto

Carole

Yes, I do that often and there's a good routine I use in PixInsight.  Since I had the larger RGB version I didn't care much about the stars in this one.  I prefer RGB to narrowband but the latter is much easier to capture and process from light polluted London.

Roberto

NoelC

Quite stunning Roberto.
I can't spot the join.
Both are really very very good.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Roberto

Thank you Noel! There's a new script in PixInsight which is fantastic for creating mosaics and I'm making full use of it.  If you look at the OIII master on Astrobin in the narrowband link, you can spot a bit of shading in one of the panels.  OIII is the weakest channel in this object and I didn't have enough data to make it a smooth one.  Also the full Moon was out when I was finishing the OIII acquisition.

Roberto