• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC1333 and surrounds

Started by RobertM, Sep 26, 2020, 20:26:13

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Just a quick stack, I need to  calibrate it with darks and process more subtly but it's come out relatively well already - what a difference a dark site (SQM was 21) can make !

Should be able to finish it in a few days hopefully and post the finished image.

Carole

That's come out well Robert, where was your dark site?

Carole

Roberto

That is excellent Robert! Lots of dust and colour. Yes, where did you go to and what equipment did you use for this?

Roberto

NoelC

The little patch of clear emphasises the nebulosity - very nice.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

MarkS

Very nice - looking forward to seeing the end result.

Mark

julian

The Thing

Very nice Robert, just looked it up - protoplanetary disc in the middle - must be a first for OAS imagers. SQM21, nearly as good as here :) So when are you moving away from Tesco's blot on the night sky? ;)

RobertM

Thanks all I'm glad you like it, been on my list for a few years.  I'm a bit busy but should be able to get the final image out plus the other one by or over the weekend.

I took my RH200 but unfortunately I forgot the focus motor controller... yes a Doh moment ! so, luckily, I ended up borrowing a VSD100 refractor to put my ASI2600MC on.  Mount was a AZ-EQ6 rather than the NEQ6 I took since it was already there.  Location wise I was staying at the holiday let of Janet and John Slinn on the IOW; they've decided to give the holiday business up now so no more visits to see them unfortunately.  SQM was 21.2 ish on the clear nights so pretty good within about 45 degrees of the zenith and to the south away from Southampton, Cowes and Newport.  Apparently there are parts of the island that get very close to SQM 22.

So when am I moving away from Tesco's blot... not any time soon I'm afraid so will have to content myself with the odd DSC, holiday, visit or random trip out :(  or perhaps another visit to the IOW :)

Robert