• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Galileo Telescope Makers

Started by von, Apr 21, 2005, 05:08:00

Previous topic - Next topic

von

Hi all,Im thinking of buying a mirror set from the above.They are based in India so i thought cheap labour cost cheap but good mirrors?I hope im right any feed back would be helpfull. i have spoken to them and say their primary mirrors have a wave front of 1/4 to 1/6.Their web site is here http://www.atiindia.com/
thanks in advance.

Rick

Havn't encountered them before, nor heard any comments about the quality of the stuff they produce. My inclination would be to try to get a mirror from a UK firm, because it'd be easier to send it back if it wasn't up to the job, and shipping stuff overseas can get very complicated and expensive quite quickly. A very rough rule-of-thumb is that stuff from overseas needs to be priced something better than half the cost of equivalent stuff from within the UK to account for the added cost of shipping, insurance, duty, etc.

von

Hi Rick,
       83 quid for a 125 mm primary, 25mm secondary and a focuser sent air mail.The reason im not getting it in the UK is i find when i talk with the firms here i dont seem to get answers to my questions,but on the other hand when speaking with the guys in India they cant do enough to help me.So if you know anywhere in the uk i can get the same deal let me know but be quick.
take care.