• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tulip Nebula Sh2-101 from 3 different years

Started by Carole, Sep 12, 2020, 12:39:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Having fallen in love with Robert's recent tulip image, I decided to have a go at it the other night with my Samyang Lens and Atik428EX, but I realised after the nice long run that the data was undersampled.

Having gathered over 3 1/2 hours of Ha I wondered whether I could simply use it to enhance images I had previously taken, none of which I have been particularly happy with.

So I had a try at combining them.  Obviously a range of cameras, and telescopes were used with differing FOV so this was a bit of a challenge.
From memory this includes an Atik383L, Atik460EX and an Atik314L, Atik428EX, ED80, ED120 and WOZS71

All taken in narrowband and some with star colour.
2015 captured as HOS 1 hour 40 minutes
2019 Captured SHO 3 1/4 hours
2020 Ha only 3 1/2 hours

Giving a grand total of 8 1/2 hours.
Some of the stars are a bit iffy from earlier processing, so don't look too close.

The Thing

Gosh you get through a lot of kit! Looks nice though. Now you need to add Roberts data...

Carole

Thanks Duncan, lol.  I'm on my 4th CCD camera having sold 2 and still have 2 for dual rig.

Currently have 4 telescopes and Samyang lens having sold my SW130PDS last year.

Am thinking of getting a 2nd Atik460EX and selling my Atik428EX now I know it's not suitable for the Samyang lens.

Carole

NoelC

Bloomin marvellous Carole!
(sorry) but you can clearly see the flower emerging from the nebula.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole