• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Another one from Cepheus - Sh2-140 - LRGB

Started by Roberto, Aug 24, 2020, 12:19:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

Another colourful region in Cepheus - emission nebula Sharpless 140 - it also includes a reflection object, van den Bergh 153.

https://www.astrobin.com/770tyy/D/?nc=user

Details at the link above.  Full resolution for Doug below.
Take care!

Roberto

MarkS

Beautiful, as always.

The colours look spot on.

Mark

Carole

Roberto

Thank you Carole, Mark. I am more and more surprised by how sensitive and clean this OSC CMOS camera is.

Roberto

NoelC

Very nice Roberto, Lots of nebulosity in there.
You say you used a tandem setup; was that RGB on both, or were you going for the nebulosity with the Starfire?
Hows the ASI12600 working out?  No nasty artifacts?  Do you bin the results?

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Roberto

Hi Noel

The tandem setup is this one: 

The smaller refractor has the ASI2600 on it and does RGB whilst the larger one does L or narrowband.  Both unbinned.  The ASI captures 300s images typically and the other camera starts at 600s for L and longer for NB.  The ASI chip is extremely clean and raw frames calibrate very well.

Roberto

GeorgeC

Roberto, do you mind if I put a copy of your equipment picture in TOAST?

George

GeorgeC

..... and could you provide a short description of it all?????

George

Roberto

Hi George

Yes, should be fine. I have two piers in my RoR observatory. On the one in the picture I have two refractors: a 152mm f7.5 and a 92mm f6 on an 1100GTO mount all from Astro-Physics, USA. These two telescopes have cameras attached for imaging.
I hope to do a session for the society where we cross across to my garden and perhaps use the scopes on the other pier which are for visual use.
Thanks
Roberto

NoelC

Thanks Roberto
Very interesting setup.
Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.