• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cygnus Mosaic (final corner)

Started by Carole, Jul 23, 2020, 16:43:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

This has been a labour of love.  I am sure there is a lot wrong with it, but I have had enough of it now.

I have now lost track of the amount of data with the four panels and a few wasted attempts when the Samyang was orientated differently leaving bits missing. 
Edit: went back and counted the total time which amounts to:
15 hours and 17.5secs imaging time (not counting the wasted attempts)

Original post:
http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=12056.0

Astrobin Link:
https://www.astrobin.com/full/9whxqj/F/?nc=user

Rick

Carole

The Thing

You should be proud of that Carole, it looks fantastic.

Roberto

Great result Carole!  It's a great field with a lovely object at its centre.  8) I can share in your exhaustion at the mosaic work as I am finishing the processing of my 3x3 panel of the Veil Nebula...

Roberto

Carole

Thanks Duncan and Roberto.

Carole 

NoelC

Cygnus as never seen before.
Well done Carole.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Hugh

That really is something Carole!

Hugh

Carole

RobertM

That looks great Carole.

Robert

Carole

Thank you Robert.

Here is one more version, using Starnet to control the small stars.  I have been trying to do this for some time but I could not get Starnet to install on my Desktop or my laptop, and results with Straton and Annie's actions made a mess of the Nebula, so this has been Starnetted by a member of Astrobin for me, and I have put the brighter stars back.

Am currently having one more attempt to install it on my laptop - watch this space.

Carole

I didn't like the final image when examined closely, so I have selectively applied Roberto Colombari's noise reduction method to it.   (See separate post on that method).

RobertM

I think you need a less distracting sticker in the top left - it spoils the image for me.

Robert

MarkS

Fantastic!  As I said before, the colours are wonderful and the Crescent Nebula is highlighted really well.

It's an outstanding result!

However, I agree with Robert that the logo is a bit too distracting.

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark I have amended my logo in my subsequent images.

Carole