• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Introduction - Ama

Started by Ama, Jul 22, 2020, 12:45:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Ama

HI, my name is Ama, I'm 17 years old and I hope to study astrophysics or something of that sort in the future. The first time I came to the society was the January of 2019 and I've been to meetings and observing evenings on and off since then. I recently was loaned a telescope which has furthered my interest not only in just seeing the stars but being able to photograph them too! I hope not only to learn from everyone already in the society but to also be able to give back to everyone! Thank youuuuu - Ama  :D
So much universe... so little time...
Reach for the moon and even if you miss you'll land upon the stars...

Carole

Welcome Ama, I spoke to you at one of the last meetings that took place, and also at the comet watch in Otford on Monday but as it was dark you probably didn't know who you were talking to.

Astrophysics, wow, I can see you giving a talk at some point in the future.

Carole

Hugh

Hi Ama

Yes, good to see you again at the Comet watch on Monday ~ it was fun for some of us to get back together again. So much to see in the sky at the moment.

Glad you are putting the society equipment to some good use!  We did chat but Sue was advising you on the telescope.

Best to family as well.

Hugh (and Elaine)

Roberto

Welcome Ama! 
I have not been to the recent observing sessions but you are definitely in good company.  I did physics (some astrophysics courses at grad level) and maths at university - it's a beautiful area  8) and although I earn my living doing something else now I try to keep my reading to books on the subject.  Keep the enthusiasm!

Roberto