• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Crescent Nebula and Surrounding Nebulae

Started by Carole, Jun 23, 2020, 22:24:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Taken over 2 short nights either end of June from Bromley.
SHO palette with added RGB stars

Atik 460EX, Samyang 135mm F2 lens @ F2.8
Guided on HEQ5
Ha 15 x 600secs (2 1/2 hours)
Oiii 7 x 600 secs (1 hour 10 mins)
Sii 8 x 600secs (1 hour 20mins)
RGB 3 x 150secs Each 22.5 mins

Total 5 hours 22.5 mins

Hugh

Looks like a modern painting Carole!

Hugh

Carole

You're not far wrong Hugh, Salvador Dali springs to mind, or even Picasso.  I struggled with this from a colour point of view and even tried Bicolour, but in the end this was the only one I felt showed off the nebulae sufficiently.

Carole

The Thing

Roberto

Beautiful Carole - great colour palette.  8)

Roberto

Carole

Thanks Duncan and Roberto, I was a bit unsure about the colour but now I have had your feedback and 54 likes and comments on Astrobin, I am feeling more relaxed about it.

Carole 

Hugh

On a re-think, probably more 'Impressionist' with those colours. :D

Hugh

RobertM

Great image Carole, the colours are a bit bold but it seems to work.

Robert

Carole

Thanks Robert, I was having difficulty controlling the yellows, perhaps I should have started over again.  But when it was used in the mosaic, ICE software toned it down to match the Sadr Region section, and it looks much better in that, although i can't claim credit for that.

Carole 

NoelC

Carole
It's so bright it hardly looks like space at all!
I love it.
The enormous range of nebulosity you have captured is terrific.
Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

Thanks Noel.

Carole

MarkS

That image is a thing of beauty.  The colours are wonderful and the Crescent Nebula is highlighted really well.

It's an outstanding result!

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark, I always value your opinion and had been a bit dubious about the colours.

Carole

Carole

Oh Wow!

I got a TOP PICK for this image on Astrobin, my 2nd Top Pick EVER, the previous one being my Seagull nebula back in 2017. 

Funny thing is, this image wasn't even a planned target, it was just something to fill in the time while waiting for my chosen target to rise above the rooftops.  (Bat and "Squid").

Just goes to show.

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
Oh Wow!

I got a TOP PICK for this image on Astrobin, my 2nd Top Pick EVER, the previous one being my Seagull nebula back in 2017. 

Congratulations!
Well deserved, I think.

Mark