• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Obs Offrs report for May 2020

Started by doug, May 12, 2020, 10:05:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

That'll be because May's hasn't been posted yet.

ApophisAstros

Think he is including that "meteor" thingy at bottom,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Rick

Indeed. I was using "reports" to meen "reports" rather than specifically "obs officer's reports". Usually we only keep the two most recent obs reports on the website, partly because they tend to take a lot of webspace, and partly because the observing information in them is only good for the month anyway.

Klitos

Hi,

I've just uploaded May's report to the website.

Apologies for having only the two latest reports. That was from a time when we were running out of disk space on our web server and I thought the two latest reports would be sufficient. Next month, I'll try to remember not to delete April's report when I add June's.

I will have a go at converting Doug's report to PDF when I get to my Windows laptop (I'm currently using my Linux laptop which doesn't have PowerPoint).

Klitos

Carole

Nice report Doug, just as a point of note, some of the images in particular some of the solar images have no credit on them as to who took the images.

Carole

ApophisAstros

I dont have powerpoint, so cant open it , any suggestions for a free program so i can read it.
Windows 10 Pro,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Try Open office, I think that is free and have a compatible Powerpoint software.

Carole

NoelC

Very nice report thanks Doug!
I could almost hear your dulcet tones introducing it.

Here's a pdf of the report:-
https://dropfiles.org/XLcXmL0j (2MB)
Not sure how long it will stay there (Roger your link returned 'Not here' when I tried it).

Noel
PS. Doug; in PowerPoint:- Save As/select PDF or XPS, drop down PDF and select 'Minimum Size (publishing online).
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

doug

Carole... panes 10, 11 and 12 of the Sun at Lockdown and the two others were imaged by Roberto and they are signed at the bottom of each of the images by him. I admit the signatures are small and perhaps difficult to read, but having called back my original report, they are on there.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Rick

Quote from: NoelC on May 16, 2020, 10:28:12
Here's a pdf of the report:-
https://dropfiles.org/XLcXmL0j (2MB)
Not sure how long it will stay there (Roger your link returned 'Not here' when I tried it).
Thanks Noel. Much easier to read than the ppt.

Quote from: doug on May 16, 2020, 10:33:09the signatures are small and perhaps difficult to read
They're visible, but you have to look for them, and it would probably be better just to put the same style of image credit on each image, whether or not there's a signature in the file. That way it's clear where credit is due.

Carole

I had to import the file into Powerpoint and blow up the images before I could see the names, and even then they were too faint to see what they were.

Carole

GeorgeC

Hi
You don't need extra software to get a pdf version. In powerpoint, if you go to 'Save as' , give the file a name and underneath the name you will see 'Powerpoint Presentation(*pptx)'. Click on the down arrow to the right of the 'Powerpoint Presentation(*pptx)' and select 'PDF (*pdf)' then Save it. You have your pdf version.
George

ApophisAstros

Dont have powerpoint no point as never need it for anything else,
Roger