• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

its moon time.

Started by Mac, May 01, 2020, 22:29:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

Just a quicky,
80 images stacked in registax and processed in photo shop.

Nikon D3 plus William optics.

Mac.

ApophisAstros

Ruining my Allsky capturing, but yours is a great image,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Very nice Mac, is there a zoomed in/zoomable version?

Carole

Mac

this is the only image(s) that i managed to capture as my crayford mount stopped working and i couldn't fine focus it,
it all working now, the grub screws for the drive shaft on the focuser had worked loose, not too bad first adjustment since i bought it.

I'll probably be out tonight and see if i can get the lx200 up and running, although that still needs a dam good clean,
Plus i need to remember what dovetails and weights i need to use.

Ill probably clean all my eyepieces in the ultrasonic bath today and see if i can get some eyepiece projection working whilst im at it,
might even have a play with the 4x barlo as well.

Mac.

Carole

Sorry, when I say zoomed in, I mean a link you can click to enlarge it.

Carole

Mac

QuoteSorry, when I say zoomed in, I mean a link you can click to enlarge it.

Na, thats full size, it comes out pretty small on the D3 as its a full size sensor.
So i had to crop it quite a bit, which is a shame.

I've been having a play this afternoon with the 4x, now i remember why i never used it with the WO and the D3,
It cant be focused, when i stick the 4x on then the D3 there isn't enough travel,
If i add a diagonal its the same, even if i swap around the 4x and the diagonals,
i still need about another 2-3 inches.

Oh well.

Back to the drawing board.

James loved it, especially when we started looking at the sizes of the craters and comparing them to what city's would fit into them, gives it a meaning of scale.

Mac.

Mac

All clean, looks like ive lost two lens's due to fungal growth and acid etching, even the hot ultrasonic cleaner couldn't shift it.
Well it cleaned it but the glass has been etched by the acid fungus.

Oh well.

Mac.

Hugh

Nice image Mac.

Still my favourite night sky object ~ although I like the large star fields!

keep them coming.

Hugh

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Mac on May 02, 2020, 18:37:03

All clean, looks like ive lost two lens's due to fungal growth and acid etching, even the hot ultrasonic cleaner couldn't shift it.
Well it cleaned it but the glass has been etched by the acid fungus.

Oh well.

Mac.
Where were they kept , in the obsy?
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Mac

Aye,

I did have a ceramic heater in there to keep the damp off which worked for years, but never checked on it and at some point during the last three years it stopped working,

Im not that worried as it was only my 4.8mm eyepiece which was pretty useless, u'll probably give the f3.3 converter another go in the ultrasonic cleaner, you probably wont be able to actually see the marks on that lens and they should disappear with proper flats, but only time will tell.

Roy

Hi Mac,
I recently saw a something about cleaning old SLR camera lenses that have fungus using hydrogen peroxide which seemed to remove the fungus.

Cheers

Roy

Mac

The fungus is all removed, the ultrasonic bath did a fantastic job of that, the downside is the fungus leaves behind an acidic poo, which etches the glass, the only real way to get rid of it is to have the glass repolished.

Mac