• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sh2-157 Claw Nebula Ha

Started by ApophisAstros, Apr 26, 2020, 04:11:35

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

1 x 900s Ha3.5 nm
Altair ED66-R and Atik 460EX Mono
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

That's looking good Roger, really good for one sub, , Thumbs up for the Atik460EX and Baader 3nm Ha filter, but wherever you linked it from has rung round some features.

Carole

NoelC

Very nice Roger.
Looking very smooth.
Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

ApophisAstros

Thanks Noel and Carole.
I didnt think i was going to image at all as when i attached the Atik460EX to my Altair's Lightwave 66ED-R i dint quite have the spacer rings for the back focus so faffed around trying to cowboy it with the rings i did have and thought i was a little short and put my faith in the gods, then when i was attaching the rings on the Eagle unit for the shorter scope i dropped one of the screws on the patio, gone for good , looked for another screw and could only find one with a slightly bigger head which stopped the scope going through so had to unscrew the end of the scope to take the dew shield off so i could push the scope through then reattach the scope end.
I must say after recent problems with another setup  it was a pleasure to focus , could see a lovely Bhatinov spike in liveview bining 1 with a 2 second exposure.
Someone must be looking down on me.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.