• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

SH2-101 Tulip Nebula and environs, 2020-03-27 T04:24:10 CET Manche France

Started by The Thing, Apr 21, 2020, 20:16:59

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

One from a few weeks ago. Couldn't get it processed as the stacking was awful. Ran it through ASTAP and bobs your uncle. Only trimmed the edges. Final tweaking in DarkTable. Looks darker now its uploaded, wierd.

Image date, time and location:   2020-03-27 T04:24:10 CET Manche France
Telescope aperture and focal ratio:   TS1506UNC f4, TS Komakorr
Camera and filters used:   ZWO ASI294MC Pro, Baader Neodymnium 1.25" filter
Processing applied:   ASTAP, DarkTable

ApophisAstros

Nice one , how clearer are your skies without the pollution/flights.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

On the whole that is a really good image in broadband, (I think this target is easier in narrowband).

There is something odd going on with the blue stars however.

Carole

MarkS

That's a great result Duncan!

The Hydrogen emissions are showing up well and you have a good range of star colours.  I love the coloured diffraction spikes!

The end result is very pleasing.

Mark

RobertM

Lovely image Duncan, lots of colour in those stars and the telescope looks like its working well :)

There is something going on with the stars; the lower left quadrant of each seems to be extended a bit.  Seems a bit more pronounced on the blue stars but I think that's only because they're brighter.

Robert

Roberto

Very nice colourful frame!  The Ha region show very well.

Roberto

The Thing

Thanks all.

I suspect the star issue is down to collimation. I've not used deconvolution on a bit of unsharp mask in Darktable. Maybe that would help.