• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sh2-115 in Cygnus

Started by Carole, Apr 20, 2020, 23:15:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Hate this time of the year, my set up is not suited to small galaxies, so started this at around 1am and packed up at 4.30 am !!

I did HOO and added RGB stars, but it was very difficult to extract much Oiii nebulosity as it probably needs a dark location.

An unusual Nebula near Deneb, only seen it imaged once before and needs a lot more data as it's faint and very noisy, but I think I will leave it to a dark location (not sure when that will be or if we ever get a chance this year with the lock down etc etc).  Still at least it is something to do whilst trapped at home.

Atik428EX and SW ED80 + x 0.8 FR
HEQ5
Ha 600 x 13
Oiii 300 x 13 binned
RGB (for stars) - 150 x 3 each channel

Total approx 3 1/2 hours.

Bottom right is a planetary Nebula, I think it is Sh2-116

The Thing

Interest unusual object Carole, I tried it last year but got nowhere, its a bit dim. Nice.

Carole

Thanks Duncan, yes I agree it is a bit dim and this is also probably why it is noisy. 

Running out of targets that I haven't done, so tackling things that probably shouldn't be done from Bromley.

Carole

MarkS

What a trooper! Imaging until 4:30am!  I was too tired to wait up for the clouds to disappear.

That's a good result on an unusual object.  Is your sky less light polluted at that time of the morning?

Mark

ApophisAstros

Nice Carole , i see that the Atik428ex has half of the pixels and half the imaging area than the Atik460ex.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

QuoteWhat a trooper! Imaging until 4:30am!  I was too tired to wait up for the clouds to disappear.

That's a good result on an unusual object.  Is your sky less light polluted at that time of the morning?

Thanks Mark.  I don't have any reason to believe LP is less in the early hours, but I don't have a SQM to check.  Still lots of London lights.

Yes stopping up all night was a bit of a killer, it's the third time I have imaged Cygnus in the last few weeks, but I can't face doing it any more.

Quotei see that the Atik428ex has half of the pixels and half the imaging area than the Atik460ex.

Yes I use it for small targets, I find it gives a better image than taking a crop from the Atik460EX.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Carole on Apr 21, 2020, 20:05:05

Thanks Mark.  I don't have any reason to believe LP is less in the early hours, but I don't have a SQM to check.  Still lots of London lights.

Carole
Apparently 15,000 people are flying in a day and they dont even get a leaflet when they go through , no temperature checks or quarantine . It makes a mockery of the lockdown. :x :o
Sorry misread lights for flights!!!
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Roberto

Very nice Carole  8)

Roberto

Carole

Thanks Roberto.

Does need more data/dark sky, but given the location and time it is not too bad in the circumstances.

Carole