• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

APT

Started by Fay, Apr 10, 2020, 10:42:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Does anyone use APT Astro Photo Tool? I am having a nightmare trying to get the DSLR cameras to work with it. they were fine in the past

thanks

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Roger does Fay.

Duncan does/used to.

Carole

Fay

thanks Carole. yes I know Duncan has used it. I may have to pester him a bit more..... :D

Roger, ok.......

MarkS

I use APT for my Nikon Z6.

Mark

Fay

Oh Mark. if I can give you a basic problem, in case you know the answer. Duncan got me using it with my Canon and also the QSI in France, so I know it was working.  I have plugged in the 600D, and have also the 7D MK II. the camera connects but i cannot get into the plans. 600D, I have on M, hope the cable is correct, mini usb into camera full size into laptop or desktop, acts the same on both compters. I disabled Canon Utilities, as otherwise it jumps into action. funny enough Backyard EOS, will not connect either of the cameras. it says to stop Utilities, which I thought  I had, but it is still jumping into action. It has connected, ADD A NEW PLAN, ADD as NEW opens but I cant get any response.

MarkS

Firstly I would try hitting the Shoot button in APT to see if the camera successfully makes a single exposure.  That will tell you if APT is able to control the camera.  If that works then try again to set up a plan.

Mark

Fay

yes it did but still cant get response from setup plan

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
yes it did but still cant get response from setup plan

When you click on a plan you should be able to enter the exposure length, number of exposures, ISO etc.
Are you able to do that?

Then when you hit the Start button it should start to execute that plan and drive the camera.
Are you saying it's failing to start?

Mark

Fay

no there is no response  Mark.
I have downloaded a new Backyard Eos, I already had one and it is a lifetime license, but i could not get that to work either, desktop or laptop, so I  have downloaded a trial version. third time trying it worked, if it carries on, I will purchase it again, it was old.  I will copy it to laptop, very strange, trouble with both.

Fay

yes its failing to start Mark

The Thing

Hi Fay, we assume you have pushed the Connect button in APT and it now says Disconnect and that the camera is identified at the bottom right of the screen?

Also there is a setting in Canon Utilities to stop it loading when you connect the camera. I seem to remember that is needed as there is a bit of CU running in the background waiting for a camera to connect if you dont turn off the auto connect option in CU. That stub locks the camera driver then APT or BYEOS can't get connected.

Try that and let us know

Duncan

Fay

Hi Duncan. camera connects. setting on camera show in the prog. press edit, plan area comes up,  new plan, but i cant press any plan. Canon utility disabled

Fay

I have got dslr working ok with BYE and also with Astroart, so i think I will be ok with these....... thanks very much