• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First light with Lunt LS60tha B1200

Started by ApophisAstros, Mar 22, 2020, 12:58:37

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

1 x 3.17ms capture,obviously getting a load today to stack together, but well pleased , even found a small sunspot in bottom third in the middle.
Taken at Caird DSC.

Also found this in the data aswell, so combined it with the first image.

Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Hugh

Nice first light Roger.

Good the way the Sun is showing a ragged edge ~ gives a reality to what the Sun looks like.

Hugh

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

The Thing

No one will be capturing planes crossing the sun for a while! Nice pics.

ApophisAstros

Thanks Duncan,hows your side of the channel coping,
Roger

The Thing

Well, we are at home. Period as the yanks say (they're in the merde!). We have 5 reasons we can go out - professional unavoidable e.g. if your a plumber, essential shopping, doctor, local exercise, walk the dog. There are no shops except supermarkets, other food e.g. boulangerie and pharmacies, banks and petrol. So DIY is out as you can't get stuff! I need a couple of tons of sharp sand for my garden project and pizza oven. So I'm listening to jazz, blues and so on, pottering in the garden and sorting astronomy gear - just changed the cooling fan in my ASI294MC Pro - luckily I had a suitable one in a tub of fans I've got stashed. I've ordered the correct one from China but it will be a while and may need serious disinfecting!

And the Sun is shining!

P.S. Lockdown is coming!

Carole

Glad you're OK Duncan, Yes the PM just announced similar measures here from tomorrow, this is because many people are just not taking previous advice and Coronavirus seriously, and so he has restricted all going out except essential things like food shopping, Medicines, short exercise and walk the dog, and travel to necessary work with a warning that if people don't take it seriously there will be a full lock down.

Adrian and I have been self isolating for a week now, as we are in the older category and I am asthmatic.

Some of the scrums and fights in the supermarket are awful they really need to institute rationing so every-one gets a fair share and no fighting.

Carole 

Roberto

Great result Roger!  You also got lucky with the plane  ;)

Roberto

Rick

Good to see some solar work. That's a very small spot, that. ;)

ApophisAstros

NoelC

Very pleased for you Roger.
Unfortunately can't see any of your images on the forum (broken links?).
Not sure why.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

ApophisAstros

Noel , they are on FB so you may need an account to see them,
Roger

Rick

Quote from: Apophis on Mar 25, 2020, 15:14:58

I don't have a FB account, and I can see them, but it's entirely possible a firewall somewhere may be blocking them...

The Thing

Quote from: Rick on Mar 25, 2020, 16:20:46
Quote from: Apophis on Mar 25, 2020, 15:14:58

I don't have a FB account, and I can see them, but it's entirely possible a firewall somewhere may be blocking them...
Thats funny 'cos I can see them pics and I don't go withing a mile of Facebook either as life's too short. You've got my problem with Astrobin but with Facebook. Interesting.

Carole

QuoteYou've got my problem with Astrobin but with Facebook.
Very odd.

Carole