• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Video of my best images

Started by Carole, Feb 08, 2020, 21:57:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I created a video of my best images up to January 2020
I found the software on W10.

I don't know how the title page appears several images in, but couldn't see how to amend it.
Also think if I do this again I should have slightly longer on each image.

The music is appropriately, Starlight glow. 

This is the version with 3secs per image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrXERo9S3lk

I did a 2nd version with 7secs per image and annotation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ7eOVb4tBo

Carole

Hugh

Hi Carole

A very nice collage of your images and must be rewarding after your efforts ~ but agree about the short time on many of the images.

Best

Hugh

Carole

Thanks Hugh, yes I think I might have to re-do it.

Carole

Carole

QuoteA very nice collage of your images and must be rewarding after your efforts ~ but agree about the short time on many of the images.

Now re-done with less mistakes and 7secs per image, added to the first post.

Carole

MarkS

Very nice!  It's a great way of presenting the images although it probably doesn't so them justice!

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark. 

Quoteit probably doesn't so them justice!

I did notice that one or two images came out looking smoothed out in comparison to how they looked as a still image, not sure why that happened to only a couple of them.

But it is a neat way of presenting them.

Carole

Hugh

Hi Carole

Yes, much better with the 7 seconds each frame as it gives time to take in some of the detail.

It is a good way to display them but I think I agree with both you and Mark in that some are not displayed to their best.  A couple seemed slightly out of focus to me?

My goodness ~ listen to me getting all critical ~ some of the this imaging must be rubbing off on me after all this time!

Best

Hugh

NoelC

An amazing portfolio Carole!

Very interesting to see.  I think video offers some interesting options for displaying images.
However, I found the randomised frame wander transition didn't add too much - perhaps a straight zoom on some would be work?
Also it contrasted the wide angle shots with the close in ones very nicely.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

Thanks Noel.  Well I wasn't really quite sure what some of those animations would do, so I just varied a bit for contrast.

Carole

GeorgeC

Fantastic, Carole. The annotated 7sec one is the one for me.
George

Carole