• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Missing images

Started by The Thing, Dec 10, 2019, 10:20:56

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

A little problem has cropped up, I don't seem to be able to see other peoples images that they have posted in Astrophotography. I can see mine though, posted one yesterday. I can see one of RobertM's from October but not Caroles which is the the next newer post. I can see images in Technical and elsewhere but they are older. Any ideas guys?

NoelC

Duncan
Most of the recent images have been forwarded (inserted in a window) from astrobin.  I assume the image of Robert's you are referring to is LBN437 he posted in October - that was forwarded from flickr, yours are hosted on the gallery.  I wonder wether its an issue with Astrobin?
Can you see the astrobin picture of the day without any warnings?
https://www.astrobin.com/iotd/archive/

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

The Thing

No problem using that link Noel.

Carole

I normally link from Astrobin and don't normally have a problem, this may account for why some recent images have not received any responses from some of you, strange.

I have uploaded them to the gallery so will link again from there. 

I think Doug must be able to see them OK as he posts them up at the meetings.

Carole

PS: Actually to avoid double posting the images I'll do what Roberto does and attach a URL from Astrobin.

There are 4 images I have posted up in the last week Duncan:
Bogeyman Nebula
Pumpkin Nebula
WR134
NGC6820 revision 

doug

I only post images from the Forum which are posted on there. If images are in the Gallery or elsewhere they need to be put onto the OAS Forum, then I can put them onto my Observing Officers report. I haven`t got the expertise to transfer them from different places, unless it`s a simple copy and paste.

Doug.  :roll:
Always look on the bright side of life ...