• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M33 Triangulum First DSLR process in Pixinsight

Started by ApophisAstros, Dec 01, 2019, 12:00:04

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Ok i know theres lots more to do on this ,but i was pleased with it as its was after 4 youtube tutorials.

Just the DSLR data.
First image from use of Pixinsight , No Darks, No Flats. Stacked 25 300s DSLR subs. Debayered , Star Aligned, and basic stretching , i am only up to 4 of 12 youtube tutorials by AstroDude.

Pixinsight workflow.
Blink , Subframeselector , debayered , StarAligned , ImageIntegration , HistogramTransformation.
Nice being able to analyse rejected low and high frames ie bright artifacts from sigma clipping.

Next Stage in PI  DynamicBackgroundExtraction , ColorCalibration.

Still a work in progress
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

NoelC

Looks really good Roger
Dust lanes and all sorts popping out there.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

I presume this is a reprocess of old data.   It's looking to be a good improvement.

Best of luck with Pixinsight, I'd rather stick with photoshop.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Yes thanks Carole , only the DSLR though , i do have NB aswell when i get better at PI,
Roger

Roberto

Very good Roger.  These large extended galaxies are not easy to process.

Roberto

ApophisAstros

Thanks Roberto , yes i was pleasantly surprised , i think that it was good data.I think that if its good data with exceptional guiding then its easier to process.
Roger