• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Short review of Voyager software

Started by Roberto, Nov 13, 2019, 14:07:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

The developer of the image acquisition and observatory control software I use, Voyager, asked me to write a review for an online magazine I was not aware of:  Amateur Astrophotography.
Here's a link to the review for those interested (starting page 12): 
https://www.amateurastrophotography.com/magazine

I think the link will work for this month and then will change to the next issue.

Roberto

Carole

Interesting. thanks for the link Roberto I look forward to looking at it.

Carole

RobertM

Nice review Roberto, I read it just after you posted on the Voyager forum.

You did a really good job keeping it so brief yet full of useful practical information that might tempt people into trying it out.

Robert

Roberto

Robert

Thank you. I am glad you liked it. 
I was asked at the end of October if I could write an article for the November edition (out on the 8th) and thought I didn't have enough time. I didn't get much guidance on length or topics to be covered but decided to do a short introduction to the main features as otherwise the review would have been too long, not many people would read it and I would have needed way more time to write something readable.  Leonardo Orazi, from Voyager, liked the content of an initial draft so I stuck to it and submitted last week.

Roberto

NoelC

Great article thanks Roberto -
I'm sold!

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

I found it too small to read properly, even after changing my screen settings I could not get it large enough unfortunately.

Carole

Roberto

Hi Noel, thank you.  Well worth visiting the Wiki page if you want to learn more about it.

Carole, I think you can double-click on the page and it will zoom into the text/chart.  It's an online magazine and I have managed to zoom into the pictures in other articles on my phone and tablet without issues.

Roberto