• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC7822 Nebula in Cepheus

Started by Carole, Oct 02, 2019, 12:21:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Taken at Kelling Heath on the Friday night after the horrible storms.
I could have got about an hour more on this but since it was predicted 50 MPH wind the following day I decided to pack up my kit at 2am as I didn't trust the camping observatory not to get blown away with my kit inside. 

Dual rig:
ED80/Atik460EX
WO Zs71/Atik428EX

Total Ha 19 x 600secs half and half 7nm and 3nm Baader filters
Oiii 6 x 300
Sii 5 x 300

Total 4 hours 5mins
Mapped HOS

Here is another version, this is the full frame in Hubble Palette.
I did take some RGB for the stars but so far not had much success combining. 

Finally I got the colour I was trying for, (I had seen an image on Astrobin i was trying to emulate), so please excuse the 3 versions.  This one also has an attempt at adding RGB stars as well, though it wasn't entirely successful.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Must try to find an official tutorial for it.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Still like it as i did when i saw you processing it,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Thanks Roger, this is a re-done version from Home.

Carole

NoelC

Lovely target Carole
Does the 3nm filter make much difference?
Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Roberto

Lovely colour palette Carole.  You certainly made the most of the time you had at Kelling.

Roberto

Carole

Thanks Noel and Roberto. 

QuoteDoes the 3nm filter make much difference?
To be honest Noel I have tried it out a few times now, and so far I can't really see any difference, except the 3nm shows less when framing and focus.  I guess time will tell and I need a definite mono target in Ha same length and conditions to do a good comparison.

Carole

MarkS

That's come out really well Carole!

On balance I prefer the Hubble Palette version. The 3rd one is showing some artifacts around the stars.

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark, yes it looks like I pushed the star colour too far, might go back and re-do that.  thanks for pointing it out.

Carole