• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Kelling Sept 2019

Started by ApophisAstros, Sep 24, 2019, 07:29:59

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Great photos Roger, brings it all back.

Must upload mine.  But do I dare upload the ceramics!!! 

Carole

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Carole on Oct 01, 2019, 20:27:00
Great photos Roger, bring it all back.

Must upload mine.  But do I dare upload the ceramics!!! 

Carole
Think toilet humour will go down well here... :lol: :lol: :lol:
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

The Steam Railway was a great experience and journey down history as everything there is in the old style, old trunks and cases lying around, old adverts, old style signal box and things on sale in the shops.

I went into the loo and was gobsmacked to find an original toilet and cistern made by Thomas Crapper who I though was the inventor of the flushing toilet etc but in any case 
QuoteCrapper held nine patents, three of them for water closet improvements such as the floating ballcock. He improved the S-bend trap in 1880 inventing the plumbing trap (U-bend)
Hope you will excuse the following photos.

Also a Crapper high cistern:

The steam train we travelled on:

The signal box, where we had a live demonstration and talk from the guy in there, he invited us in to watch and explain.  Apparently the rail is single track except in the stations themselves so only one train can pass between stations, and they have a "token system" which is passed from Signal man to train engineer which he hands in at the next station and then an audible signal comes through a machine to the Signal box to let him know there are in the next station.

Roy

So pleased you enjoyed your trip on the NNR, it's a great steam railway that travels through some lovely countryside. Sue and I thoroughly enjoyed our ride too.

Roy