• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sh2-185 - IC63 - IC59 - Gamma Cassiopeiae from Petts Wood

Started by Roberto, Sep 22, 2019, 10:10:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

Taken over the full Moon cycle in narrowband; added colour a couple of nights ago.  Details of acquisition details at the Astrobin link:  https://www.astrobin.com/7cqr8b/H/
This is a difficult target with such a bright star in the field.  I was going to place the nebulae in the bottom half of the frame and leave Navi illuminate them from above but the micro-lensing effects in my hydrogen-alpha master were too difficult to deal with.
Thanks

Roberto

Carole

Lovely star colour in the top one.  Normally I prefer colour to Mono, but on this occasion, I really love the mono crop, it shows so much more detail.  Presume this is Ha.  I have seen much worse microlensing than this, what a pain are some of these CMOS cameras with that problem but I have not heard of anyone with a CCD having microlensing problems before.

Carole

Roberto

Carole
Thank you. Micro-lensing shows here as reflections form between the CCD and glass surfaces above it. My CCD has a cover glass but I'm  ot sure they are coming from that surface; they may be arising further up, perhaps at the flattener.
Our own Mark has written a script in PixInsight  to help identify the origin of the reflections. I am still to use it.
Roberto

MarkS

I love them both!  The mono version in particular shows lots of detail.

Mark