• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Autumn Watch in Worthing Back Garden

Started by ApophisAstros, Sep 11, 2019, 09:54:27

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Got a couple of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264413563959 and first images below , can do 1080pvideo aswell but yet to try it.

I positioned it under an old patio table and put a plastic cover on the table to keep the worse of the weather off it.

The peg is to keep it steady in the wind and agle it a bit.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Great idea.  Presume that was a Hedgehog, looked like a tortoise at first.

How does it work?
Battery, triggered by movement?

Carole

ApophisAstros

You can take images or sets of 2/3 images, or Video 1080p all triggered by PIR. Takes 8 x AA batteries, but its very low power consumption,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

ApophisAstros

Species Count 3..
Got both cameras out last night , one video and one images result below.
Video Camera First.
A few highlights "Ghostly Fox at 4.37.41secs", "Bat? 5.26.26secs"and"Hedgehog Playing to the camera, Having a scratch 5.27.10secs.
https://www.facebook.com/ApophisAstros/videos/578049316063187/
and one image from the image camera

I am on a learning curve ie Positioning and framing. I should put the peanut butter on a dish closer to the camera(attached to tree).
Roger

Carole

Video is great, what a wonderful idea.

Carole

NoelC

Very good Roger
Nice hedgehog (we don't get those here).

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Rick

No hedgehogs round here, either. Too many badgers. We also see muntjac and roe deer in the garden from time to time, though at present the heavy machinery is probably keeping them all (even the badgers) away.