• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC 5068 Emission Nebula in Cygnus, 1 August 2019, Manche, France

Started by The Thing, Aug 05, 2019, 10:36:53

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

IC5068 is in Cygnus just to the 'right' of the North American nebula.

1h44m 25x250s_Gain121 Offset 8 CCD Temperature-15c

I tried processing in Pixinsight but the image came out a very salmon pink, so used StarTools.

Telescope aperture and focal ratio:   TS1506UNC f4, TS Komakorr
Camera and filters used:   ZWO ASI294MC Pro, Baader Neodymnium 1.25" filter
Processing applied:   DSS 4.2.0 Beta5, StarTools, DarkTable

Carole

Interesting area Duncan.  Stars are nice and sharp with good colour.

I don't have a clue about length and quantity of subs with a CMOS camera, but looks as though it could do with a bit more data.

Salmon Pink is a so and so to get right, have you ever thought about using Photoshop for processing?  Personally I prefer to have more manual control on what is happening, I get the feeling Px is a bit automated.  Plus you seem to have had problems with Startools processing previously.

Carole

The Thing

Thanks Carole. Definitely could use more data. I had 3h 45m of darkness that night but somehow ended up with only 1h 45m data. I used NINA for capturing and I think it is its autofocus routine runs. It runs every 11 sub's the way I have set it to ensure sharp sub's over the session but it can take a long time.

Roberto

Very nice image Duncan.  If you are having problems balancing in PixInsight, I suggest you look at the Curves process within it.  You can use masks to apply to specific colours whilst leaving others unchanged.  N.I.N.A. seems to be working really well for you.  8)

Roberto

NoelC

Swapped telescopes for armchair.

The Thing