• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Delta Cygni - one for the double star enthusiasts

Started by Roberto, Jul 27, 2019, 18:48:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

Thought about posting this just now; I suppose depressed by all the rain!  :! Taken a few days ago. Details at:  https://www.astrobin.com/416832/

Roberto

doug

Beautiful image, Roberto.  Howza `bout a few more double star images from some of you imagers?

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Roberto

Thank you Doug. This was taken just before the heatwave as seeing was particularly steady with the new weather front moving in. I have to say that I much prefer observing doubles rather than imaging them. They look much nicer at the eyepiece!

doug

Totally agree with you there, Roberto. To see them is wonderful and the colours can differ so much.

Doug.

Carole

QuoteHowza `bout a few more double star images from some of you imagers?
I'm afraid I don't find imaging double stars interesting enough to bother with.

Carole

NoelC

Interesting write up in Astrobin.  Obviously a lot more complex than just point and shoot Roberto.  Well done.
Is that an Airy disk around Delta Cygni?

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Roberto

Hi Noel

Yes, I tried to capture the Airy disc. There was one around the secondary but it was too faint to show up in the video.
Thanks

Roberto

doug

Did you know ..... Albeiro is a line-of-sight double, as opposed to a rotating double ..... or so I read somewhere.

Doug.