• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

How do I .....

Started by doug, Jul 14, 2019, 09:17:41

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

I have taken an image of the Moon and Jupiter conjunction last night and would like to put it on the Forum. My Flickr account states that it`s full up and I need to purchase the Pro account, which I am unwilling to do. I also have a Imjur account, but don`t know how to get images onto my account on this. If anybody can advise me how to solve the problem. I would be grateful for assistance. I used to do it on Flickr and get a code which when copied and pasted, did the trick, but Imjur doesn`t seem to to that. Is there another site that I can use that does the same thing?

All advise  gratefully received.

Thanks, Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Upload it to the OAS website Gallery Doug.  Then link the URL in the usual way.

Carole

doug

Thanks Carole. But I can`t even log in to the Gallery. It`s been years since I used it and it`s forgotten me... :roll: What a bummer.....

Carole

I use Astrobin for hosting and uploading my images and also the OAS gallery.

I have a flicker account but don't even know how to link from there, so you are one up on me.
I suggest you get in touch with Klitos and get your gallery login up and running again. 

Don't know anything abut Imgur though Duncan might know.

Carole

Carole

Hmmm, hang on a minute Doug, I have a vague memory of uploading something for you a few years ago onto the OAS gallery and I recall the password was something to do with a plane - does that ring a bell?

Carole

doug

Yeah .... thanks Carole. Will give it a try.
      Doug.

doug

..... tried everything; still can`t post my image onto the Gallery. Can`t get the BB code or whatever it is from the Imjur site. Anybody got any ideas how to proceed??

Thanks, Doug.

ApophisAstros

If you want to send me the image by email , i will post to astrobin and send you back the link so you can post the image on OAS,
i will pm you my email.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

doug