• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Milky Way from Spain with more data

Started by Carole, Jun 09, 2019, 11:35:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I am happier with this than my previous version.  Doug can you use this version for the meeting please.

I think this is smoother and less noisy and I cropped out some of the edge where there was a small gradient from what I think was a nearby palm tree and the effects of the local LP:

This is also a stack of both sets of data (3mins and 2mins) which for some reason i could not seem to successfully combine in Spain. 

No flats were used for this image as despite being taken they completely messed up the image giving is swirling gradients all over.  Left them out and all I had to deal with was a couple of dust bunnies.

Milky Way taken with Canon 1100D and stock lens @ F4.5
30 x 3mins + 16 x 2mins

Carole

Also at Roger's request I have done an annotated version:

NoelC

It really is very good.
Your Ioptron mount has done a splendid job.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

QuoteYour Ioptron mount has done a splendid job.

It certainly has especially considering I did not do a great PA due to the difficulties of not being able to see the reticule without a torch and it was such a faff especially with the squatting and trying to see through the polarscope and having to swap a torch with adjusting the bolts, I got worn out and just did an approximate PA, so it did especially well.  I did find I could not go beyond 3mins though.

Thanks Roger.

Carole

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole