• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Atik Core Software - watch out

Started by NoelC, Apr 03, 2019, 09:57:33

Previous topic - Next topic

NoelC

Atik have revised their core software.
Watch out for the 'latest software with Dusk' button.  I downloaded version 5.0.0.4 last week, it took out my filter wheel and won't cool the chip under Ascom in APT.
If you go to the top button, labelled just 'core software' it delivers version 4.2.2.9 - which seems to be stable and doesn't have these problems.

They have since released 5.0.0.6 (1st April), but it's not much better (still no filter wheel).
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

I'm afraid I tend not to upgrade stuff when it is working OK because I hear so many problems like these.
Thanks for the warning though.

Hope you get it sorted.

If you are really stuck I have a copy of Artemis on disk.

Carole

NoelC

Thanks Carole
I was setting up my spare PC and noticed a new release on Atik's website  with Dusk - a new capture programme - I'm a sucker for free stuff.
Artemis was working fine, but got a bit fed up with endless instances of ArtemisHSC popping up in my service window, so gave it a go and updated the observatory box.  Big mistake; sat in my shed from 8-12 fiddling with it - another night wasted under the stars.  But 4.2.2.9 works OK though.
Dusk is quite neat and light, the autofocus function seems to work, but I can't find a mask feature for framing repeat sessions on it.
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

Quoteendless instances of ArtemisHSC popping up in my service window
I don't get this, and use Artemis all the time. 

If you're keeping dusk wouldn't mind seeing a demo on it some time.  So perhaps you can do an imaging session on it once you are proficient.  Lol.

Carole