• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky camp 5 - 7 April

Started by Carole, Mar 31, 2019, 10:51:13

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Lovely underwater pictures Carole!

Mark

Carole

Thanks Roger and Mark. 

I normally buy one of those disposable underwater cameras from the airport when I know I am going on a snorkeling holiday.  The FOV is not great, and stopping to pose for a photo, the movement of the water tends to turn you around/roll you over before you have taken the shot, and certainly most of the fish have swum away.

I remember snorkeling over the edge of the reef in the Sulu sea between Thailand and the Philippines once, and all the beautiful coloured fish hovering over the edge of the reef it looked like a flower garden.  Didn't have my camera with me on that day unfortunately.

The only time I panicked and got out quickly was when I came almost face to face with a huge barracuda. 

Carole

Carole

Here's a few more:

Great Barrier Reef (Agincourt Reef)

This was quite deep (so colour loss), you can see the giant clams.

South china Sea:

Urchins in the Caribbean

Carole

Just had an idea and tried some of my processing skills out on the Giant clam photo and managed to extract a bit more colour.

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
Just had an idea and tried some of my processing skills out on the Giant clam photo and managed to extract a bit more colour.

Hi Carole,

I don't know about anyone else but the underwater images you linked are not being displayed for me :(

Mark

Carole

Do you mean the ones I have posted on the forum are not showing?
You must have seen some of them, or did you see them on my website link?

Or the ones on my hobbies website are not showing?

I wonder if it's this annoying Google account thing.  Can't remember how I uploaded them to my website and I am linking them to here from there.

I could upload them to my Astrobin staging area once I know what the problem is.

Carole

Carole

OK I am uploading them to Astrobin.

There will be 9 of them when I have done them all (but got to find the original files "somewhere"). 

1. Great Barrier Reef and Giant Clams (after some processing as the colour went blue due to the depth)

2. Sea Urchins, Grenadines islands Caribbean

3. Borneo Snorkeling

4. Agincourt Reef (Great Barrier Reef)

5. Other Swimmers around me at Barrier Reef:

MarkS

Quote from: Carole on Apr 11, 2019, 19:43:13
Do you mean the ones I have posted on the forum are not showing?
You must have seen some of them, or did you see them on my website link?

Or the ones on my hobbies website are not showing?

I wonder if it's this annoying Google account thing.  Can't remember how I uploaded them to my website and I am linking them to here from there.

I could upload them to my Astrobin staging area once I know what the problem is.

Carole

The ones on your website are fine.  But the ones posted on the forum were not showing. 

MarkS

Quote from: Carole on Apr 11, 2019, 19:58:10
OK I am uploading them to Astrobin.

There will be 9 of them when I have done them all (but got to find the original files "somewhere"). 

1. Great Barrier Reef and Giant Clams (after some processing as the colour went blue due to the depth)

2. Sea Urchins, Grenadines islands Caribbean

3. Borneo Snorkeling

4. Agincourt Reef (Great Barrier Reef)

5. Other Swimmers around me at Barrier Reef:

These ones are showing!

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark, just uploading them now.  Had to upload them to Astrobin, how they are showing now?

5 out of 9 done so far.

Carole

Carole

6: Hook Island, Whitsundays Australia

7. Found a few more.
Hook Island again

8. Hook Island again

9. Knuckle Reef

10: Knuckle Reef Plate Corals

11. Another Corner of the Reef, Barrier Reef

Carole

That's the best of the bunch.

Bet you will go on another snorkeling holiday now you're "hooked" Mark, and you'll take an underwater  camera this time.

Carole