• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Minitron Camera works in the Dark??

Started by ApophisAstros, Mar 25, 2019, 14:33:49

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

I got this about 2 or 3 years ago when we were at Beeche from unwanted OAS kit and never touched it and recently i got it out and thought it would suffice as a monitor for my scope on sessions so i can view the scope for pier clashes and whether on a smart tv or a small monitor which i have just bought, i tried it last night and as you see i thought i might need illumination but in the end it showed up a perfect picture during the darkest part of the night ...not sure how maybe its a starlight mono camera, anyone any ideas?
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

It's supposed to be a "live view camera" OAS bought it to show the public live view of stuff in the sky on a laptop, but because of the need to bring a laptop I don't think it ever got used for outreach, or maybe once.

Carole

The Thing

Minitrons are designed for exactly that. Look up electronically assisted astronomy. Cloudy Nights has loads on the subject. Good as a meteor cam or just to keep an eye on the night sky.