• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Voyager - automation software - first result

Started by Roberto, Feb 18, 2019, 15:44:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

Hello All

As I am due to do an imaging session later in the year - I believe in May - it may be worth if we agree on the topic of interest for it.  I recently came across a new, to me, piece of software which helps automate imaging sessions by controlling different pieces of hardware and software: Voyager from Starkeeper.it

First result is a narrowband shot of the Rosette Nebula taken under increasing Moonlight last week:

The best outcome of using Voyager for me has been that I use fewer applications (no dedicated imaging or focusing software necessary) but most importantly no crashes, no hang-ups, full control of what actions are running - extremely stable so far.

Would people want to see Voyager demonstrated at my imaging session in May?

Roberto

RobertM

Hi Roberto,

An excellent result !

I have the software on trial at the moment and it looks very promising.  I should also have image using it myself soon.

Robert

The Thing

I have also been looking at Voyager and it looks very promising.

Carole

Sounds a good idea.  What with Robert's imaging session on SkyX it looks like being a "use of software" programme so far this year.

Let me know when you'd like to do it Roberto and I'll put it on the imaging sessions calendar.

Carole

RobertM

Roberto,

Did you manage to get your Hitec ROR controller working with Voyager ? 

Robert

Roberto

Hi Robert

Yes, and very reliably.  See my post on the Voyager forum.
Thanks

Roberto

RobertM

Thanks for that, I'll try it tonight.

Robert