• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Rosette Nebula Mosaic WIP so far...............

Started by Carole, Feb 01, 2019, 13:10:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

You may recall I posted up an image of the Rosette nebula before Christmas as a test for my Newtonian collimation.  I mentioned I might try a Mosaic.

Well as I am limited in the winter to what I can image, I thought I would attempt to do this to bide away the time until I can get back to Cairds for better skies.

I am really shocked at how horrible my skies seem to be now, every year I notice more deterioration.

This is Part 2 of 5.
the Ha from the original and the top right new section joined together using Registar and photoshop.

I did try to add the Oiii and Sii to but it's a bit of a chore to do a bit at a time, so will only post up this result, and leave the rest until the end. I will never end up with the same colour twice anyway but here I tried to match the previous colour rendition  I definitely won't be adding the RGB stars until I have finished.

So original plus top right panel.
Original has 9 x 600 secs
top right has had 7 x 600secs

Carole

The Thing

Carole

Thanks Duncan. 

This was the original middle bit (as a reminder) with RGB stars added.
As stated, you can never seem to get the same colour twice with narrowband.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Looking really good, its gonna be your pièces de ré·sis·tance,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Thanks Roger.  I don't know about that.

Carole

MarkS

That's looking very nice!!  A lot of work has gone into that!

Mark

Carole

Carole

Obviously I need to get this finished this winter because once I move the camera the spikes won't go in the same direction.  Lol. 

Carole

NoelC

Looks really good Carole
What are you assembling the mosaic in?

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

Thanks Noel.
QuoteWhat are you assembling the mosaic in?
Registar and Photoshop.

I gather APP is good at doing this, but not used it yet and am not sure if I have to pay for a licence, so thought I'd see if I can do it in Photoshop initially.

Carole