• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC2264 Christmas Tree, Cone and Fox Fur Nebulae

Started by The Thing, Dec 23, 2018, 16:04:17

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Hi All,

I thought this was an appropriate subject for the time of year. The sky was quite murky and variable. This was processed in PixInsight and drizzle integrated then resized to half. Never go that to work before as I didn't appreciate you had to do a normal integration first!

72 frames E120s G120 O10 T-20c Total exposure: 2 hr 24 mn
Image date, time and location:   2018-12-14 Manche, France
Telescope aperture and focal ratio:   TS1506UNC f4, TS Komakorr
Camera and filters used:   ZWO ASI294MC Pro, No UV Photo filter (caused bad halos)
Processing applied:   N.I.N.A. (capture), PixInsight, GIMP

Carole

Very pretty image Duncan. This is a target that would benefit from the NB filter you were talking about.
Carole

MarkS

It looks great!  it's certainly a colourful area of the sky.

Mark

The Thing

NoelC

Looks great
Well done Duncan - and very seasonal!
Happy Christmas to you too.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Fay

saw this at the meeting last night. a great image from you Duncan!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

That's an excellent image Duncan.  There's a lot of blue/UV around 15 Monoceros, what length subs did you use ?

BTW. How are you getting on with NINA ?  I'm also looking at Starkeeper Voyager because of its scripting interface and exception handling.

The Thing

Hi Robert,
120s at unity gain. If I change the gain or offset I get a mono literally black and white sub all of a sudden. Tried in NINA and APT. I may revert to the previous driver version.
NINA is good but crashes just when I go to bed (last night 3:30am). It was due to switch to a new target (Triplet to M101) and hung. I think it was the GPCAM2 guide camera in PHD becoming unresponsive which caused an exception in NINA as it  couldn't control thee guiding. I was reading a review of Voyager on CNights last night and it looks very interesting, it would probably have handled last nights issue... GPCAM drivers updated today as well! Too much software!!!!!

RobertM

Quote from: The Thing on Feb 03, 2019, 20:32:52
Hi Robert,
120s at unity gain. If I change the gain or offset I get a mono literally black and white sub all of a sudden. Tried in NINA and APT. I may revert to the previous driver version.
NINA is good but crashes just when I go to bed (last night 3:30am). It was due to switch to a new target (Triplet to M101) and hung. I think it was the GPCAM2 guide camera in PHD becoming unresponsive which caused an exception in NINA as it  couldn't control thee guiding. I was reading a review of Voyager on CNights last night and it looks very interesting, it would probably have handled last nights issue... GPCAM drivers updated today as well! Too much software!!!!!

Yes it's software overload !  I might rebuild the obs computer with just the stuff I need at some point.

Robert