• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Pixinsight for those that have.

Started by ApophisAstros, Dec 17, 2018, 10:27:29

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

PixInsight 1.8.6 released.

Just be aware that a LOT of people are trying to download it at the moment so the servers are running quite slowly. Also note that it requires a complete uninstall of previous versions and a re-install and new licence activation so be sure your email address on the PI site is correct (that is the email under Software Distribution and not on the forum)
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

I'm not in a hurry - quite happy to let the guinea pigs find any problems first!

Carole

I don't use Pixinsight but I have the same personal policy with software and operating systems as Mark.  there are those who MUST HAVE the latest of everything, but sadly they are the ones that find all the problems too. 

Carole

The Thing

Well, I've installed it because I had a problem in that for a while the main window of PI didn't display at all. I hoped the new version would fix it. It made no difference but I found a work around by hovering over the tray icon and then right clicking on the little preview (a white rectangle at this point) and selecting Maximise. Bingo. But not tried to use it yet! Fingers crossed. I do have some subs of the Christmas Tree cluster / Cone Nebula area I can try it out with.

RobertM

Thanks for the reminder about the email address, mine was from about six years ago !

Mark, I'll test it out for you  ;)