• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

A couple from last month and this: Copernicus and LBN603

Started by Roberto, Dec 09, 2018, 19:52:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

Hello All

LBN603 in Cassiopeia was completed during the Moon cycle in which I took the Copernicus shot.  Details in the Astrobin link.
Thanks

Roberto

LBN603 https://www.astrobin.com/380191/C/?nc=user

Copernicus https://www.astrobin.com/377359/?nc=user

The Thing

Carole

Been trying to see these on a Smartphone over the weekend, nice to now see them on the PC monitor.  Very nice images Roberto, I still find it incredible that you can do these images from Petts Wood, maybe it is that Hutech LP filter.

Lovely images Roberto.

Carole

Roberto

Thank you Carole, Duncan.  Weather has not helped me finish a couple more targets I have been working on:  IC417 and NGC225.  I was quite happy with LBN603 as it is a combination of a relatively bright dust nebula with dark patches within it.   

Carole, the Hutech LP filter definitely helps and I have been using them since the early 2000s.  My L frames with the filter are typically 600s long but sometimes in the early morning, I can go up as much as 900s.  All colour frames are 300s and my narrowband frames are typically 1200s long.  I think I could go longer in either but with weather constraints the above seem to work from Petts Wood nicely.
Thanks

Roberto

Carole

Thanks Roberto, they are the same length subs that I take, but I cannot do 900secs for luminance as it completely washes out the sensor from Bromley, so perhaps my LP is worse than yours and might explain my difficulties and why I have to get to DSC on a regular basis.

Indeed even in narrowband I can only do the brightest of targets from home.

Carole

MarkS

That LBN603 is fantastic!

Unbelievable that you got it from the suburbs.  Really well done.

That's a beautiful detailed of the Copernicus Crater as well.

Mark

Roberto