• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cannon camera for sale

Started by Delphine, Oct 30, 2018, 13:12:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Delphine

Hello
I hope I am allowed to post this on the forum. 

My friend is keen to sell her late husband's camera and accessories. Here is a spreadsheet of the equipment. (Sorry about the wobbly columns, I hope it is clear!)  I  also have images of the equipment which looks in very good condition to me. 

She is happy to consider offers.

If anyone is interested please message me.

Cheers
Delphine

Canon Camera Kit            
ITEM   Model                                                Extras                          New Price   Used Price

Canon Body   EOS 550D + Instr. Book   Canon charger   Kit new      £723.44        £295

Canon Zoom Lens   EF-S 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS Macro   UV Filter                        £179

Canon Zoom Lens*   EF 35-80mm 1:4-5.6   Lens hood/UV
                                                                & Skylight Filter                c. £100         £40?*

Canon Zoom Lens*   EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6   Lens hood/UV Filter      c. £300       £60?*

Canon Holdall**                                                                                c. £25       £10?
Jessops Flash**   360 AFDC + Instr. Leaflet                                                         £10?
Jessup Tripod**   Atlantic Bravo 3B                                                                  £10?   

*These two Canon Lenses are for film cameras - they will fit a digital camera but not all of the functions may work.                         

** I think these three items are best sold as a package with the camera and lens. The Flash is made to go only with Canon cameras.            

Delphine

Hello again,

Has anyone got any advice on where else to advertise this camera and equipment?  There has been no interest here so I presume my friend needs to approach camera clubs.   She is not keen to sell on eBay.

She is happy to accept offers and also to sell pieces seperately.  I havent seen it myself  but apparently it has hardly been used and is as new.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Cheers
Delphine

ApophisAstros

i find "worthing sale and exchange" is good on Facebook but obviously replace worthing with your town and search on fb, the advantage is local people can pickup so no need to post items, and theres no fees.
HTH
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Delphine

Thanks Roger, I will pass that information on.   

Cheers
Delphine

Carole

To be honest I think the best place to sell these would be Ebay.  Buyer has to pay up front.

Carole

Delphine

Thanks Carole,  I will pass your advice on to her but she is not keen to use eBay.   

Cheers
Delphine

Carole

I have just thought of one more place she could try, but she won't get as much money as selling privately.

There is a Trader who comes to Kelling Heath regularly called Steve, of ENS Optical.  He buys and sells all things photographic and Astronomical, ranging from cameras, lenses telescopes, Astronomical cameras and accessories.

This is his website on Ebay, but I suggest she contacts him direct, I have his E mail address and you can mention me as he knows me from Kelling.  I believe he is also the Chairman of Birmingham Astronomical Society, or at least he was.

info@ensoptical.co.uk

His website on Ebay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/ensoptical

I have bought quite a few bits off him at Kelling and he knows his stuff.  I also recall him buying a telescope off a friend and he got a reasonable price for it.

The other place your friend could try is UKAstrobuysell, but that is primarily for astro equipment.

I am thinking of offering him a couple of items I have been unable to sell.

Carole

Delphine

Many thanks for all this useful info Carole.   I will email it on to her.  I will also be meeting her up in London on the 26th (she lives in Surrey) so will be able to discuss it with her then.   

Delphine