• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Thors Helmet HOO

Started by Carole, Nov 04, 2018, 12:54:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

My 3rd attempt at this target as I can never get to a dark location when it is in the sky for long enough.
As it was I couldn't start to image it until 2am.

I had planned on using my dual rig but stupidly left my 2nd camera on 3 x binning (after frame and focus) so the data was unusable or it would have been 6 hours worth of data.

Atik460EX & WO ZS71
Ha 9 x 600
Oiii 9 x 600
Total 3 hours

Mapped HOO

NB, I had my cameras and scopes arranged in a non matching fashion to enable me to get small targets with my new Atik428EX and ED80 and large targets on the WOZS71/Atik460EX

Shame it was the smaller FOV that I mucked up on this small image as the 3 x binning was unusable.

NoelC

Very nice Carole!
Woo Woooh - new camera! (shame about the binning - bound to happen when you get something new)
Are the stars a little oblong - or is that my imagination?
Well done.
Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

Thanks Noel, yes they do appear a bit oblong now you have mentioned it.  No idea why I will go back and check the individual subs maybe there is a dodgy one.

Carole

MarkS

That's looking pretty good now!

Mark

Carole

Carole

I've replaced the image in the first post, as there was some horrible coloured banding in the sky background, no idea what the cause was but have managed to reduce it a fair bit and sorted out the stars while I was at it.

Carole