• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Lobster's Claw from 2017

Started by Carole, Oct 30, 2018, 20:20:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Another reprocess.

Was never happy with the original and it still looks disappointing to me, but having looked around other images, I guess it is fairly comparable, so must just be one of those targets, but prefer this result to the first one I did.  Actually only just noticed this was only 1 hour's data so am probably expecting too much.

Taken during a first quarter Moon a year ago. 
29-10-2017
Two nights data were taken but could only use one night due to poor quality of 2nd night for some reason.

So only:
Ha 4 x 600
OIII & Siii (Each) 4 x 150secs binned
Total 1 hour

NoelC

Really good Carole
Is it SHO palette?  That's amazing for 1 hour's data - just shows what you can do with binning.
Is that the Bubble Nebula in the bottom left?
A very pleasing result.

Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

Thanks Noel, yes Hubble Palette (SHO).  Binning certainly helps with the colour element and yes that's the Bubble Nebula bottom left corner.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Wondeful mix of colours, especially for length of data, cant wait to get my Ha filter, 365astronomy has a baader one 7nm which is probably go for.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Thanks Roger, yes I would go for the Baader 7nm Ha filter Roger.

Carole

Carole

How many filter positions have you got in your FW roger?

Carole

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Carole on Oct 31, 2018, 16:01:51
How many filter positions have you got in your FW roger?

Carole
Seven
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Fay

yes very nice Carole. i must try some binning!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole